The Worm is a Brute Force Offensive Program which has the special ability to replicate and install itself. The Worm will attack connected nodes one at a time.
It has the following action priorities:
- It attacks an adjacent node with the highest Attack Priority.
- If all adjacent nodes are captured, it will replicate itself in its residing node, unless the node is full.
- If the residing node is full, it installs duplicates of itself in adjacent empty program slots. (Citation needed for order of installation.)
Each duplication takes 0.5 to 3 seconds, depending on level, and the timer is reset when an adjacent node is recaptured by the network.
Worms have a dynamic attack priority, and will change its attack target immediately if an adjacent node with higher Attack Priority is reclaimed by the network.
- Notes: While the Worms program is technically allowed to upgrade at the Evolver levels displayed, the Capacity of B-coins that can be held at those levels may not be sufficient to purchase the upgrade.
More Info here: Max amount of B-coins at Core Level.
Patch Notes Edit
As of Patch v1.025, Worm's Duplication Time scales with their level. This was previously 3 seconds at every level.
- Worms can save programs and time by capturing weaker nodes and ones of less importance.
- Placing Worms at the back of the network behind your main attack will give them time to replicate while initial nodes are taken care of.
- Worms work well with the Kraken.
- You can remove a program from a node to give Worms space to move forward.
- Be careful around a Code Gate. Since Worms will always choose to attack when able, a Code Gate directly on a branching path will cause your Worms to stay there until the gate is removed.
|Hackers Wikia - Programs List|