The Turret is an offensive Security Node. During the Brute Force phase of an attack, it will fire a continuous laser similar to that of a Beam Cannon at a connected node and will not change target until said node is secured.
The maximum level a Turret can be upgraded to is 21. The maximum number of Turrets you can have on your network is five. Unlike Business Nodes, there are no restrictions on deleting Turret nodes from the network.
- Notes: While the Turret is technically allowed to upgrade at earlier levels than displayed, the Capacity of $ that can be held at those levels is not sufficient to purchase the upgrade. "Required Core Level" displays the highest value of both "Core Level" and "Core Level required to purchase the appropriate Database(s)."
|Level 1||Levels 2-3||Levels 4-5||Levels 6-7||Levels 8-9|
|Levels 10-12||Levels 13-15||Levels 16-18||Levels 19-21|
Note: In levels 8 to 12, there is actually a glass part on the Turret, however it is hard to see in the images.
- When defending a network, Turrets work well in conjunction with Black ICEs.
- Connect them to defend nodes with low Firewalls. Multiple Turrets protecting the same node can quickly recapture a compromised node.
- When hacking a network, Turrets can be distracted if they are connected to multiple nodes.
- Turrets start in a secured state and as such, are immediately black. A Sentry connected to a Turret will install an antivirus after 0.5 seconds.
- Turrets with an antivirus installed will attack with both their beam attack and antivirus, substantially increasing their damage output.
Patch Notes Edit
- As of patch v1.005, Turrets have a 0.5 second delay before they start firing. 
- As of patch v1.011, Turrets have a 0.5 second delay when switching targets.
|Hackers Wikia - Nodes List|