"When an intrusion is detected the Guardian starts installing protective subroutines on neighbour nodes."
|Level 1||Level 2-3||Level 4-5||Level 6-7||Level 8-9|
|Level 10-12||Level 13-15||Level 16-18||Level 19-20||Level 19-21|
The Guardian is a defensive Security Node. During the Brute Force phase in a hack, Guardians provide connected nodes with a shield one at a time every five seconds. The Guardian will finally provide itself with a shield once all connecting nodes are shielded. Guardian shields will prevent damage equal to the Protection statistic. Once depleted, the shield will be removed. Guardians will replenish shield to connected nodes that have the shield depleted.
|Node Connections||Program Slots|
|Core Level||1 - 5||6 - 7||8 - 10||11 - 12|
|Max # of|
- Guardian shields are not passed on to nodes that are upgrading.
- Because of its five node connections and low firewall, using a Guardian as a choke point with four security nodes (Turret or Black ICE) works well to defend a network.
- Guardian shields can be depleted by a Battering Ram.
- The order in which it installs protection on neighboring nodes is mirroring the order in which it's neighbors are attacked. Besides that, it always installes the protection on itself last.
- There is currently a bug where, when a Guardian shield is broken by a Blaster, the excess damage goes directly towards the firewall, bypassing any other shields the node has.
|Hackers Wikia - Seznam Uzly|
|Uzly pro hackování|