In-Game DescriptionEdit"Effective node protection with regeneration. Its randomized algorithm is useful to protect nodes under constant pressure."
The Protector is a Brute Force Defensive Program which protects captured nodes against attacks from Security Nodes. The Protector will absorb damage equal to its Buffer Size. The Protector regenerates 7% per second of its total Buffer Size over time. Once the Buffer Size is depleted, the Protector will be removed from the node.
|Install Time||Disk Space||Compilation Time||Regeneration|
|4 seconds||4||5 minutes||7%|
- ICE Wall and Protector level 1 statistics
|ICE Wall||400||2||0.5 seconds||None|
|Protector||650||4||4 seconds||45.5 per second|
Two ICE Walls cost the same disk space to install as one Protector. It takes an additional 3.5 seconds to install the latter, for a bonus of 45.5 firewall regeneration per second.
Comparison of practical usageEdit
The ICE Wall can be installed quickly on a node that was just captured, potentially saving the node and giving you time to install offensive programs. Installing offensive programs first will works for more damage, as long as the node is able to sustain enough damage. This method also allows the node to regenerate until the shield breaks. Use the first tactic on low firewall nodes such as Scanner and the Guardian.
Protectors can be used on nodes that are under heavy pressure, although with an install time of 4 seconds, be aware that the node may get recaptured before the Protector is activated wasting the program. Once installed, even though the Protector has less than the combined Firewall of 2 ICE Walls, the regeneration makes up for it as long as the Protector stays under attack for 3.3 seconds.
Disk usage wise, 2 ICE walls equal 1 Protector.
Be aware of having both ICE Wall and Protector remaining once the node is 100% secure. If this happens, using fewer ICE Walls and letting the Protector take more damage, or using an ICE Wall instead of the Protector for cheaper costs/using less disk space would be more efficient.
- A node that is guarded by the Protector will show a revolving white/magenta light around it. This light depletes as the Protector absorbs damage, is restored as the shield regenerates, and disappears completely when the shield is destroyed.
- Protector can be used on a node that doesn't have a free slot to place it in. Doing so will remove the first installed program.
- Protector shields are consumed after ICE Wall shields.
- Protector can work well on a Guardian or well defended Core, since they allow so many Security Nodes to be connected to them.
|Ofensywne||Taran • Działo Laserowe • Blaster(Polskie) • Kraken(Polskie) • Maniak(Polskie) • Shuriken(Polskie) • Shocker(Polskie) • Robaki|
|Obronne||Ściana LODu • Protektor(Polskie)|
|Podstępne||Dostęp • Pijawka • Portal(Polskie) • Widmo|