The Protector is a Brute Force Defensive Program which protects captured nodes against attacks from Security Nodes. The Protector will absorb damage equal to its Buffer Size. The Protector regenerates 7% per second of its total Buffer Size over time. Once the Buffer Size is depleted, the Protector will be removed from the node.
- Notes: While the Protector is technically allowed to upgrade at the Evolver levels displayed, the Capacity of B-coins that can be held at those levels may not be sufficient to purchase the upgrade.
More Info here: Max amount of B-coins at Core Level.
- A node that is guarded by the Protector will show a revolving white/magenta light around it. This light depletes as the Protector absorbs damage, is restored as the shield regenerates, and disappears completely when the shield is destroyed.
- Protectors work well on nodes that are under heavy pressure, however beware that the node may get recaptured before the Protector is activated, wasting the program.
- In order to avoid nodes being recaptured before the Protector can be installed, upgraded Shockers (level 3 and above) and ICE Wall are recommended to buy some time for the Protector.
- Protector can be used on a node that doesn't have a free slot to place it in. Doing so will remove the first installed Beam Cannon, Shuriken, Worm or ICE Wall.
- Protector shields are consumed after ICE Wall shields.
- The Protector in conjunction with the Shuriken can work well on a Guardian or well defended Core since they allow so many Security Nodes to be connected to them.
- A level 3 Shocker takes 0.5 seconds to install and shocks for 3.5 seconds. Installing a Shocker of level 3 or higher will ensure the successful install of a Protector placed immediately afterward. Be aware that Turret has a 0.5 second damage delay, and other security functions take even longer.
- See Offensive Strategies for additional tips.
|Hackers Wikia - Programs List|
ICE Wall Protector