Nodes are the building blocks of every network. Linking them into a specific structure allows each unique function to support and improve the net as a whole. There are three main types of nodes, each of which are necessary for the success of a network.
Node Types Edit
|B-coin Mine||B-coin Mixer||Core||Database||Server Farm|
Business nodes support the rest of the system by providing and storing resources, and allowing expansion and connections to other networks.
- The Core maintains the entire structure of the network, passively watches for stealth attacks, and stores network information and data. Reputation is lost if the Core's database is fully downloaded.
- netConnections provide a connection to all other networks via the World Map. All nodes must be within 9 links of the nearest netConnection, and the Core requires a specific number to be on the network depending upon its level. All hacks start from here.
- Server Farms create money by selling their computing power.
- Databases store and clean money.
- B-coin Mines create B-coins by deciphering coin sequences.
- B-coin Mixers store and clean (or mix) B-coins.
|Black ICE||Code Gate||Guardian||Sentry||Scanner||Turret|
- Sentries are the fundamental security, spreading antivirus throughout the network as soon as an intruder is detected.
- Turrets provide extra power to defend directly connected nodes.
- Black ICEs have even higher strength, but take time to charge and fire.
- Code Gates are password protected gates which significantly reduce damage and the installation time of Access programs while the filter is active.
- Scanners increase the visibility of stealth programs on nodes within 3 links.
- Guardians provide shields to connected nodes for added defense.
- Program Libraries store compiled programs for use in later hacks.
- The Compiler writes unique viruses to be stored in program libraries.
- The Evolver develops and upgrades programs to make them more effective and efficient.
Connection Slots Edit
Each node has a specific number of connection slots available, which allow it to be linked to other nodes. Each link takes up one slot on each of the linked nodes.
Program Slots Edit
Firewall Regeneration Edit
Each node has a certain amount of firewall depending on the node level, which must be depleted by offensive programs installed on connecting nodes before it can be captured during a hack. Each node also has a certain amount of firewall regeneration, listed as percent per second.
|B-coin Mine||2% per second|
|B-coin Mixer||2% per second|
|Core||1% per second|
|Database||2% per second|
|Server Farm||2% per second|
|Black ICE||1% per second|
|Code Gate||2% per second|
|Guardian||1% per second|
|Scanner||1% per second|
|Sentry||1% per second|
|Turret||1% per second|
|Compiler||2% per second|
|Evolver||3% per second|
|Program Library||2% per second|
|Hackers Wikia - Nodes List|