The Kraken is a Brute Force Offensive Program which attacks nodes using the shortest possible path towards the network's Core. When there are multiple nodes in a network path, it will attack the node with the lowest firewall (citation needed).
One Kraken program can be installed on each netConnection in a network. They cannot be installed by the user on any other type of node.
Each Kraken program automatically installs one copy of itself on each node it captures. If the next node along its path already has a Kraken installed, their tentacles merge together and they combine their strength while still occupying only one program slot. The strength of a Kraken program on each installed node is equal to its program strength multiplied by the number of Kraken programs that have converged up to that point.
They will continue this pattern until they capture the Core, then they will simultaneously attack all hostile nodes connected to the Core, similar to the Shuriken. As of Patch v1.011, the damage to nodes connected to the Core is equal to the Kraken's base program strength with no multipliers. Attacks from the Core do not install the Kraken onto connected nodes.
If a hacker does not maintain control of all the nodes the Kraken is installed on, the tendril(s) will be severed and the Kraken will be forcibly uninstalled from all nodes after the break point.
In this video you can see an example of a network attacked by a Kraken program.
- Notes: While the Kraken is technically allowed to upgrade at the Evolver levels displayed, the Capacity of B-coins that can be held at those levels may not be sufficient to purchase the upgrade.
More Info here: Max amount of B-coins at Core Level.
- Krakens have limited use against networks that have their Core placed near their netConnections.
- Similar to Worms, Krakens can attack multiple consecutive nodes using a single program.
- Krakens only occupy one Program slot on any given node regardless of the number of merged tentacles.
- Only one Kraken can be installed on each netConnection.
- Nodes with a Portal installed do not count as a netConnection and cannot have the Kraken installed on them.
- [Bug] Rarely, the Kraken will not be severed when one of the nodes along its path is recaptured by the network's defenses.
The Kraken program is most likely named after a legendary sea monster with the same name.
|Offensivi||Ariete(Italiano) • Cannone del Fascio • Blaster(Italiano) • Kraken(Italiano) • Maniaco • Shuriken(Italiano) • Bomba Stordente • Vermi|
|Difensivi||Parete de ICE • Protettore|
|Furtivi||Accesso • Sanguisuga di Dati • Portale • Spettro|