The Guardian is a defensive Security Node. During the Brute Force phase of a hack, a Guardian sends a shield to a single connected node once every five seconds. Guardian shields look and perform similar to the ICE Wall program. The order in which the Guardian installs shields is the same order in which connected nodes would be attacked. Once all neighbouring nodes are shielded, the Guardian shields itself.
Guardian shields will prevent damage equal to its Protection statistic. Once depleted, the shield is removed and the Guardian will attempt to replace it after five seconds. A node connected to multiple Guardians will receive separate shields that stack additively, which depletes in the order the shields were installed. If more than one shield is installed at the same time, the highest protection shield will be depleted first.
The maximum level a Guardian can be upgraded to is 21. The maximum number of Guardians you can have in your network is four. Unlike Business Nodes, there are no restrictions on deleting Guardian nodes from the network.
|Level 1||Levels 2-3||Levels 4-5||Levels 6-7||Levels 8-9|
|Levels 10-12||Levels 13-15||Levels 16-18||Levels 19-20||Level 21|
Balance Updates Edit
- On 20th December 2016, Guardian shield protection was increased by roughly 20%, and a bug relating to Blaster/Black ICE shots was fixed. Guardian shields also now install on upgrading and Wraithed nodes.
- Information on Guardian stats pre-v1.011 patch can be found here: Guardian - December 19th
- Due to their low firewall and high connection values, Level 1 Guardians and Scanners can make great choke points.
- Since Patch v1.011, Guardian shields now provide a substantial firewall boost to connected nodes, and can be used to protect vital Security Nodes.
- Guardian shields can be depleted by a Battering Ram.
- Guardians are particularly effective connected to nodes which take a long time to capture, such as Code Gate, Black ICE or the Core.
|Hackers Wikia - Nodes List|