The Guardian is a defensive Security Node. During the Brute Force phase in a hack, Guardians provide a connected node with a shield that acts similar to an ICE Wall, one node at a time, every five seconds. The Guardian will provide itself with a shield if all connecting nodes are protected. Guardian shields will prevent damage equal to its Protection statistic. Once depleted, the shield will be removed, and can be replenished once every 5 seconds.
The maximum level a Guardian can be upgraded to is 21. The maximum number of Guardians you can have on your network is three. Unlike Business Nodes, there are no restrictions on deleting Guardian nodes from the network.
|Level 1||Level 2-3||Level 4-5||Level 6-7||Level 8-9|
|Level 10-12||Level 13-15||Level 16-18||Level 19-20||Level 21|
Balance Updates Edit
- On 20th December 2016, Guardian shield protection was increased by roughly 20%, and a bug relating to Blaster/Black ICE shots was fixed. Guardian shields also now install on upgrading and Wraithed nodes.
- Information on Guardian stats pre-v1.011 patch can be found here: Guardian - December 19th
- Due to their low firewall and high connection values, Level 1 Guardians and Scanners can make great choke points.
- Since Patch v1.011, Guardian shields now provide a substantial firewall boost to connected nodes, and can be used to protect vital Security Nodes.
- Guardian shields can be depleted by a Battering Ram.
- The order in which it installs protection on connected nodes mirrors the order in which those nodes are attacked. It always installs protection on itself last.
|Hackers Wikia - Nodes List|