The Blaster is an Offensive Program which charges up and then attacks a single connected node for moderate damage, and has the added ability of disabling the target once the attack reaches the node. The Blaster will charge for 3.5 seconds and its attack will disable one node for 2 seconds. The Blaster will attack one node at a time based on the Attack Priority.
For the duration of the disable (2 seconds);
- the Disable ability will stop:
- the Disable ability will delay (not cancel) the charging progress of:
The Disable ability does not stop:
- Antivirus from being installed onto a node
- Code Gate Filters from reducing damage
- Attacks/Shields that have already launched from:
- Notes: While the Blaster is technically allowed to upgrade at the Evolver levels displayed, the Capacity of B-coins that can be held at those levels may not be sufficient to purchase the upgrade.
More Info here: Max amount of B-coins at Core Level.
- The Blaster is the first High-Damage Offensive Program new players can unlock. It is capable of destroying a Code Gate relatively quickly when compared to other programs available at lower levels.
- Blasters stun for 2 seconds, but fire every 3.5 seconds. Two Blasters installed about 2 seconds apart will keep the targeted node permanently stunned.
- Note that although a Blaster can delay and capture a Guardian or Black ICE node without being recaptured, a single Blaster on a node with more than two connections can be easily recaptured by even the weakest antivirus attack, and should be paired with either an ICE Wall or Protector program to prevent being recaptured.
|Hackers Wikia - Programs|