"A popular local defense system. It locates nearby hostile programs and focuses on them until they are deleted. To increase its strength upgrade it to higher levels."
|Level 1||Level 2-3||Level 4-5||Level 6-7||Level 8-9|
|Level 10-12||Level 13-15||Level 16-18||Level 19-21|
- Notes: While the Turret is technically allowed to upgrade at earlier levels than displayed, the Capacity of $ that can be held at those levels is not sufficient to purchase the upgrade. "Required Core Level" displays the highest value of both "Core Level" and "Core Level required to purchase the appropriate Database(s)."
|Node Connections||Program Slots|
|Core Level||1||2 - 4||3 - 8||9 - 10||11 - 12|
|Max # of|
- When defending a network, Turrets work well in conjunction with Black ICE.
- Connect them to defend nodes with low Firewalls. Multiple Turrets protecting the same node can quickly recapture a compromised node.
- When hacking a network, Turrets can be distracted if they are connected to multiple nodes.
- Turrets start in a secured state and as such, are immediately black. A Sentry connected to a Turret will install an antivirus after 0.5 seconds.
- Turrets with an antivirus installed will attack with both their beam attack and antivirus, substantially increasing their damage output.
Patch Notes Edit
- As of patch v1.005, Turrets have a 0.5 second delay before they start firing. 
- As of patch v1.011, Turrets have a 0.5 second delay when switching targets.